This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Old 11-08-2007   #1
mysta2

Default intro

Hello everyone I've been a fan of the Gnomon series for a long time, and would really like to improve my sketching and rendering skills. I'm hoping some of you would be willing to give me some pointers.

This is a sketch I did of one of my bikes, after scanning in the linework I used one of the Cintiques at work to add some Photoshop color to it.

This is the first time I've ever used the Cintique, and one of my fist times trying to color an illustration.

I'd appreciate any comments or ideas on how to make it pop a little better. I left out detailing the wheels and more mechanical bits because the illustration is more about the fairing because that is what will be fabricated, do you think that was a good idea or should I work on adding that?
mysta2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #2
sixsevenjacks

1. change view point
profile is easy view to design from but you lose the chance to utilize perspective

2. try the classic 3d lighting scheme
it may be boring and cliche, but it was popular for a reason: it reveals form incredibly well

3. give each light source a different hue
contrasting hues from different light sources bring clarity as well as realism

gud luck

sixsevenjacks is offline   Reply With Quote