This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Old 10-18-2007   #1
Perry Belmon

Default hiya, im new, and traditional

Hey Hey everyone. I'm Perry and judging by the talent that I've seen so far I think I opened the wrong door. But since I'm here, I might as well say hello.
I don't do digital art, my computer is much to slow for that, but I am progressing as a traditional 'artist'. I mainly sketch but since I now have a few months of unemployment I thought I would try to get to the next level.

I wonder how many people here paint with actual paint? I'm getting into watercolor and oil these days.

Here's a couple of doodles.

Hope to get better with all your support.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sketch_dragonhandcolored.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1055   Click image for larger version

Name:	sketch_bignose.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	1056  
Perry Belmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007   #2
exilkind

Default me 2

what i like the most about traditional art, is the interaction with the medium you are working on... i've spend weeks on little details that the paper i've worked on led me draw. i've got an example here but unfortunately the scan quality is bad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moth-er.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1057  
exilkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007   #3
space-sprayer

I find that the cast majority of serious digital artists still practice traditional methods, even if it is just pencil and paper. I personally think that having a good grasp of traditional media can really help your work go to the next level digitally.
I still do lots of pencil drawings, marker thumnails (and sometimes larger marker renderings), and use watercolours, oils, and acrylics
I like the second sketch that you posted there. I love more loose drawings that have a lot of character.

Nick
space-sprayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #4
Vamediah

i have a short background in traditional art, i paint with watercolors allot, but ive only been doing it for a year. i post my traditional artworks at deviantart. but im now just getting into digital art, i have done some vectors but no real digital art.

so thats the main reason im here, to learn a bit about digital art.
Vamediah is offline   Reply With Quote