This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Old 08-13-2007   #1
brocklesnarf5ww

Default Making Jay-Z in 3Ds Max

hi I'm a student in Art Education faculty - Helwan University - in Egypt
I'm a good sculptor and drawer but I'm new to 3D programs , I already started learning 3Ds Max and this while learning I'm modeling this character, It's rapper Jay-Z , I'm having problems Mapping/Texturing though, i need to find a good tutorial for that , could anyone suggest a good one ?
this is what i did so far, the head only

brocklesnarf5ww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #2
Heller

Hey dude, i think in 3dtutorials.sk you may find something.Try out the Eric Maslowski's tuts.
Heller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #3
kareem_karawia

hi man i am Egyptian too from Alexandria thats good with the first time but u need to practice more and more in digital sculpting. there is a lot of details missing in your model.About the tutorials you are in the site of the most advanced tutorials on net you can get it from there.And i think there is something wrong about the nose. agreed with me???
cu later
kareem_karawia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #4
brocklesnarf5ww

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareem_karawia View Post
hi man i am Egyptian too from Alexandria thats good with the first time but u need to practice more and more in digital sculpting. there is a lot of details missing in your model.About the tutorials you are in the site of the most advanced tutorials on net you can get it from there.And i think there is something wrong about the nose. agreed with me???
cu later

hey homie you're right there r some mistakes in the model and the nose part.. I think I can fix that easily , yeah I don't find modeling hard although its a big part of creating graphics, but I just need to learn texturing as the next step

it's good to see you here Kareem thanks brother
brocklesnarf5ww is offline   Reply With Quote