This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 08-11-2007   #1
omgbearisdrvng

Default eyes and character rigging

I'm rigging my first character right now. The body is one solid object except for the eyes. Should I combine the eyes to the rest of the character, because I'm planning to animate them later. Or is there some other step I should be taking with the eyes?
omgbearisdrvng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007   #2
antonisVFX

Well...obviously you want to animate the eyes separately from the body so if you combine them you will not be able to do so. Make sure that both the eyes and the body are under the same group node or any kind of control node, so whenever you want to move the character in 3d space you move the group node but at the same time you can animate both the eyes and body independently.

Although if you want a properly rigged character it gets more complicated than that so have a look at some rigging tutorials.

Antonis
antonisVFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007   #3
omgbearisdrvng

Your right, I should have realized that too. I don't know why I didn't think of grouping, probably because I've got to bring into motion builder and apply optical data to it, and was just looking for a complicated answer. Thanks.
omgbearisdrvng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007   #4
saheee74

usualy what i do is , parent constrain the eyes to the nick bone.
saheee74 is offline   Reply With Quote