This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Old 07-11-2007   #1
matt_bevins

Default Paper in Australia

Hey there!,

I live in Sydney Australia and have quite a few of the 2d traditional training dvds, in a couple of them the trainers use "100% rag translucent marker paper", i've searched high and low around Sydney for this stuff and not one art store, or design store had heard of it let alone sell it.
I was wondering if maybe we call it something different over here, or if there is something which is the next best thing.

If anyone knows why it's not sold over here, or even if it's just sold under another name I would greatly appreciate it!
matt_bevins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #2
Jink

Smile

Hello Matt,

I might recommend you go on line, like to Blicks.com or a similar art store on line and check out Copic Marker paper. They have several varieties, and my favorite is the pad that is cut to basically cinematic proportions. Copic, chartpack, and prismacolor markers all do well on this Copic Marker paper IMO.

Canson makes marker papers too, like them as well.

It's all available for order on line.

Jink.
Jink is offline   Reply With Quote