This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 07-05-2007   #1
kling3r

Smile tablet question

hi,
in a few days i'm going to the USA for a 2 weeks holiday.
Now i've been drewling over a tablet (as suggested in a few of the fine tutorials i have from gnomon), but in my country - Belgium - those things are VERY expensive (decent size ones atleast).
Now i wanted to check out the prices in the USA and perhaps buy one.
I'm staying in Washington DC and New York - Manhattan area. I've checked a few of the large computer stores like CompUSA etc, but from experience, i never buy stuff from large companies, cause i think they're dodgy...
Could anyone recommend me a store that has those wacom 9x12 (and perhaps other sizes) on stock and good prices?
much much appreciated!

Sander
kling3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007   #2
DennisVR

I can't help since i'm from Belgium myself. But i got my Wacom A5 Wide this tuesday. And although i still need to get used to it i can already see the benefits. Well worth it's price imo

Make sure you won't get taxed when coming back to Belgium though
DennisVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007   #3
Devvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by kling3r View Post
hi,
in a few days i'm going to the USA for a 2 weeks holiday.
Now i've been drewling over a tablet (as suggested in a few of the fine tutorials i have from gnomon), but in my country - Belgium - those things are VERY expensive (decent size ones atleast).
Now i wanted to check out the prices in the USA and perhaps buy one.
I'm staying in Washington DC and New York - Manhattan area. I've checked a few of the large computer stores like CompUSA etc, but from experience, i never buy stuff from large companies, cause i think they're dodgy...
Could anyone recommend me a store that has those wacom 9x12 (and perhaps other sizes) on stock and good prices?
much much appreciated!

Sander
Hey Sander,

You can try picking one off Ebay but since you're only staying in the States for 2 weeks then I don't think it's going to ship on time. I got mine for pretty cheap. $250 + 20 shipping to Canada which is pretty cheap considering these go for as high as $320 instores. I didn't have to pay any tax on it as well.
Devvv is offline   Reply With Quote