This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 05-12-2007   #1
VincentK

Default Feng Zhu - How to draw straight lines

Hi,

I heard, there's a DVD of Feng Zhu giving some tips how to draw straight lines. Can anyone tell me the name of the DVD?

Thanks in advance.
VincentK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #2
onyx86

I think that is the additional material that comes with one of his DVDs. Maybe Fighting Robots, not sure though.

He demonstrates the drawing exercises that he learned in school - drawing 2 points, then connecting them in one stroke, as you gradually draw the points further and further apart.

He then moves on to drawing cubes, using the same connect the dots technique, which he then draws circles on each face of. Really a fun exercise, and very helpful.

Last edited by onyx86; 05-22-2007 at 06:54 AM.
onyx86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #3
kriegfish

Awards Showcase

Default Feng Zhu

He talks a bit about it on the Concept Design: Vehicle Sketching dvd. He doesn't talk a lot about it, but the dvd is terrific I highly recomend it.
-
kriegfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #4
space-sprayer

Concept Design 3 - Quick Sketching

In the bonus material Feng does a demonstration of straight line drawing and how to train yourself to draw straight lines, and goes on to use his straight line technique to draw some cubes and then do some freehand ellipse drawing in the faces of the cubes. Its great stuff, very useful!

Nick
space-sprayer is offline   Reply With Quote