This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Old 04-12-2007   #1
toonchazer

Default Pea Canoe

This s a peaCanoe.. hehe with the head of the peacock. I know the materials kinda bad....... Still working on it though. I jus wanted to know what i cud do ti get this material rite?... Cuz on maya7 i really donn understand what wud be the simplest ways of creating mats.... I m jus havin Trouble tym with the model.

I had wanted to know if someone cud help me with a web that teaches cool materials on maya...... And tell me what i cud do to improve that thing.

Thanx in advance. Toon.

thats the overview of the thing...

toonchazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007   #2
toonchazer

Default One more thing

Hows the UV mapping done on maya?.... Thats a Nurbs model so wgen i try to apply material to it theres prob with the UV coordinates. and the materiak doesnt really apply the way i want it to be like.
toonchazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007   #3
onyx86

NURBS are a bit harder to texture than polygons. Your CVs become the UVs. Therefore, you have to kinda work the opposite way from polygons, and edit your texture in something like Photoshop to fit your object, rather than moving UVs to fit your texture. That and play with the placement node.
onyx86 is offline   Reply With Quote