This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Old 04-08-2007   #1
Alex Hdez.

Default desert pass

hi everyone, here is a drawing I made some hours ago.
I made in photoshop and i took a shark for my inspiration, please is very important for me your feedback, thankyou.

Alex Hdez
another time sorry about my english
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	desertpass3.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	681  

Last edited by Alex Hdez.; 04-08-2007 at 04:12 AM.
Alex Hdez. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007   #2
Oracle

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Hdez. View Post
hi everyone, here is a drawing I made some hours ago.
I made in photoshop and i took a shark for my inspiration, please is very important for me your feedback, thankyou.

Alex Hdez
another time sorry about my english
Very good start. I can see the shark shape. I like it so far. Are you going to add depth? Provide a focal point? Put shadows in? Make the lines more precise? I don't know what you were after, so I am looking at it like I would if I was at an exhibit. Is this a design? Is it a piece of . . . What is the media: oil, acrylic, ink? on canvas? paper? Which photoshop did you use? v 7, cs2, Is it for print, the internet, a QT movie? What stage is this? Is it your final? a WIP? a color comp?
(i work with yellow ochre wash as my start to almost everything, so I ask. I rarely do it the way they say in books, so I am asking so I know what you are doing so my words will be relative to what you are doing).
Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #3
NathanS

I really like what you're doing here, especially since I've thought of spaceships looking like sharks with all the fins before. Smudging that circular pattern out of the sky would be a quick fix; the edges take away from your atmospheric perspective. Obviously you have more work to do, but keep it up youre going in the right direction! If you continue the image post the results!
NathanS is offline   Reply With Quote