This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Old 09-16-2006   #1
tomasartz

Talking My Little Cutties.....not!!!

Hello Everyone, Cool artworks!!! I never knew how to do concept art until I viewed a sample video at TheGnomonWorkshop site by Carlos Huante... just a few seconds of it blew me away! I never knew that one can just play with the pencil until something is created. After that short clip I grabbed a pen and a post-it pad and tried it myself...the cheap way of course. Why draw them on this small pad, well since I work in security, it's the only thing I can fit in my uniform's pocket... along with a pen...this is also why I only draw the head..no room for the rest...but I hope to develop the bodies in the future. What I do is hide under a stairwell (shhhh) during breaktimes of course.. and let the steps of the people above me become the sounds of my so called creatures which create themselves..It's funny how they really just come out...although at times they turn into..well just scribbles I have quite a few o this post-its...actually too many I decided to enter this contest because I will like to get a shot at some of these great free dvds since I can't afford them...well you already know why! Good luck to all!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xpc1055842.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	72   Click image for larger version

Name:	apa1055843.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	73   Click image for larger version

Name:	mvv1055844.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	74   Click image for larger version

Name:	nkr1055845.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	75   Click image for larger version

Name:	rkn1055846.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	77  

Last edited by tomasartz; 09-16-2006 at 13:35 PM. Reason: image error
tomasartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #2
Alex Hdez.

Default good work

I think your work is awesome, contrast can help you.

nice pics.
Alex Hdez. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #3
tomasartz

Default Thank you!!!

Hello Alex,
Thanks for the great compliments. I've never done this so I'm glad to finally get some feedback. A post-it pad and a pen can go a long way. Hopefully once I take some vacation I can develop various of my creations more fully, like some of the artist at TheGnomonWorkshop... of course, it will take tons of practice!
tomasartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #4
dfxoutlaw

It seems like you enjoy creatures. I would recommend watching Animal planet or anything to do with animals as this is a great source for creature design.
dfxoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006   #5
Mau Fournier

Those are the best darn post-it notes I've seen!! :P You're doing an awesome work man, you really should expand to full sized sheets/creatures, but I actually like the idea of those post its, I can imagine going to an expo where the walls are just covered with these post-its, I'd probably spend a couple of hours looking at all of them if they're this cool!!

Keep it up!!
Mau Fournier is offline   Reply With Quote