This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Old 04-02-2007   #1
toonchazer

Post All in 1 Room

U guys.... i m doin this for comments... i really need them to know where i m goin. to the temple of doom..... or where ever..... Tell me what i need to do to be better in this art!. Thanx. Toon

toonchazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007   #2
Wicked

Hey toon

Nice stuff you made there its something else then a ship hehe :P
I quite new with stuff like that so I don't have really a comment how you should change something on the texture/lighting seems to looks nice.
Maybe put some stuff in the room? like a spoon or stuff people use in a kicten?
I don't know the concept of this work if it needed to be empty like it is now or just a room with general stuff?

Whats the thing against the wall > front of the little table, isn't that a door? if yes I don't see a the...no idea how to say that in english -.- to thing wich open the door. Well if it isn't a door then nevermind then.

Maybe I talk to much bulshit..^^ because its really nice room.
Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007   #3
mike0006

The first thing that came to my mind is that you're lights aren't realistic. It looks like you've just put point lights in the middle of the room without modeling something to justify why a light would be in the middle of the room. All you have to do is model some hanging lights or something like that, then all the shadows would make more sense.

Also, the fixtures that I assume are supposed to be lights in the 2nd image are not lit up. It might be a good idea to put some lights in there to illuminate them.

Oh and don't forget that you have to add atleast 10 lens flares to each image... then it'll look reeeeeel professional. Hehe. (for love of god, please don't do the lens flare thing)
mike0006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #4
toonchazer

Post Mike!...

Thanx dude!... Yeah its true i used point lights.. hey what bot the lens flares u r talking bot?... its jus a few months as i started learning 3ds Max so i m jus not yet perfect!... still working with that room.. its still under construction. i see i m missing lots of stuff in there!... he wanna ask u something...

is that lighting looking unreal cuz i didnt specify where its comin from and i jus need to model some light source?

I m gonna put the source!. hey THANX LOADS*10^20000...... thats loads of thanx chap!.......

thanx for the comment once again i ll c to that as i complete this thing!

Toon
Old 04-10-2007   #5
toonchazer

Arrow Thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
I am not competent to give advice, however the only thing I noted: The titles on all the books are backward, as if reading through a mirror. Was this intentional?

Your room is pretty well done to my eyes though.

Keep it up. Hopefully some of the wiz's will respond with a technical.

Oracle
Hey Oracle. Thanx really man. the book tittles, hehe, i realised they are like mirror images, but i was too reluctant to changing that.... . at the beginning the tittles were upright i really dunno what command lead to the change and i realised that after i rendered the image.....later i thought they wud outstanding and eye catching if i jus left it all like that.... Nyways i know thats not English tittles if i left it that way... Jus ignore that thinking its some alien langue..... Thanx a lot for the Comment.

Sru De Ville.
Old 04-11-2007   #6
Hanso Togakure

You have to change the orientation in the UV Editor, but it does look kind of cool the way it is now.
Hanso Togakure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007   #7
toonchazer

Default Qns

What kinda Orientation... i didnt Get?... Tell me that

Otherwise ThanX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanso Togakure View Post
You have to change the orientation in the UV Editor, but it does look kind of cool the way it is now.