This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Old 09-14-2006   #1
Alex Hdez.

Default creatures

hello, here is some stuff, i hope you like it.

I?m open for replies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAVE0014.JPG
Views:	397
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	57   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAVE0016.JPG
Views:	376
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	58   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAVE0015.JPG
Views:	360
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	59  

Last edited by Alex Hdez.; 09-17-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Alex Hdez. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #2
tomasartz

Default Cool coloring and shading!

I hope I can start coloring my stuff such as yours. It's hard for me at this time since I'm new to concept art . Great Stuff! How did you get into the coloring stage?
tomasartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #3
Alex Hdez.

Default Only Practice....

Hello, also thankyou for the feedback, is great that you want to know how I work.
HERE WE GO.
Is very important that you analize the suraface of your sketch, then you could know were does light and shading goes. It?s important that you study some color theory, that will help you.
First of all I sketch my creature with prismacolor pencil, a loose sketch, then I copy it on another piece of paper and make sure that proprtions are correct, then try to focus were your light or "sun" will go, this is very important because you can define were does light and shade goes, then you can use your markers, try to be fast and loose that will give more live to your drawing, try to get a good range of values, contrast is important (dark to light), detail your drawing and you are done.

It is a little dificult for me to explain you step by step how I work cause my english is not so fluent, but there is it.

I hope this little explanation help you.

Last edited by Alex Hdez.; 09-18-2006 at 17:21 PM.
Alex Hdez. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #4
Monster_General

I like these sketches , best one is the third one imo , looks well correct , keep up dude
Monster_General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #5
Loccus

Default Alien

Here's an older sketch I'm proud of. I hope its alright to use these existing threads?
Loccus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #6
Loccus

Default Goblin

A quick sketch I just did with my new tablet. Turned out pretty decent, but I do want to focus on more realistic colouring in the future.
Loccus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #7
King Mango

Great stuff. I only got into art as an accident a few years ago, and have never really focused on the traditional side. I'm mostly into 3d, but lately, I've been really tempted to devote some time to taking art at the local JC.

These are great pix guys.

Loccus, it's a better idea to start your own thread. That is the whole point of having a forum devoted to 2d art.
King Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #8
vigilant3

nice... imagined and then realized creatures are always cool!
vigilant3 is offline   Reply With Quote