This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Free Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding DVDs, tutorials, etc.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012   #1
Vira

Default Photoshop Brushes

Hi!

This is my first post here on the Gnomon forums. I did a search for a similar thread but couldn't find any so I started one. If there is one but I missed it please provide me with a link.

A while back I started creating my own custom brushes for Photoshop and tried to create some which should mimic real life brushes. However this was a bit harder than expected. I didn't really manage to get the feel I was aiming for. I wanted something in the style of Painters brushes, something which had a bit of depth to it. I really love the brush strokes you get with Painters brushes. So I want to find some which have a similar feel to them.

Since I did not manage to create the brushes I wanted I started looking on the net for some, but without any real luck. So I just continued trying to make brushes. I managed to make some which were okay, but not really as awesome as I wanted them to be.

After trying off and on I thought I should ask for help and maybe even see if there are people out there who might be willing to share their brushes with each other.

So if you have any brushes which you use and recommend and you know from where you can download them, please share! Like I mentioned earlier, I am looking for brushes which mimic real brushes.

I am more than willing to share the ones I've made to get things started.

Thanks!
Vira
Vira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #2
crumpy

Awards Showcase
The Gnomon Workshop Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 1

Have you upgraded to CS5 yet? I know they added some brushes that are similar to Corel Painter's in the CS5 release. A friend is a painter and is happy with them.
crumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #3
lisawinkler

I'm agree with Vira, becoz I'm also using CS5 and it has many great features and many tools are update. ExamsKey
lisawinkler is offline   Reply With Quote