This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 02-15-2007   #1
street84

Default good tutorial books

hi guys i just joined the forum few days a go
and im still very beginner in this maya, zbrush, adobe after effect pro 7, adobe illustrator cs2...
i wont mind about adobe
but can anyone give me an advice of what tutorial books which very good to learn about maya and zbrush for beginner ?
i tried to looks at the tutorials in this websites but it seems is not for beginner like me T.T
i just started to learn about this stuff
thanks
street84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #2
mike0006

Wow, it must be nice to have enough money to just go out and buy all that software without even knowing how to use it...

I'd recommend Alex's Intro to Maya for a COMPLETE beginner. Else, I know Digital-Tutors has some very good project based DVDs for beginning modeling and such.

My recommendation is to go with some of the older Gnomon DVDs. Either Sean Mills or Kevin Hudson, for modeling that is. If you just want to "learn it all" I'd say start with Modeling, then go to UV mapping. After that you can kinda go where-ever. Gnomon's DVDs are pretty much the best training out right now (IMO). Accept for rigging in Maya... I'd like to see some updated workflows that are being utilized in the industry demonstrated. (hint hint...)
mike0006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007   #3
street84

is not like i have lots of money and buy anything...
i worked for 3 months for this and i believe im going to use it alot
for my uni study
thanks for the advice...
i will post some of my design when i know how to use it
to see is there anything i need to improve
street84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #4
mike0006

I wasn't exactly trying to imply that you had alot of money, if you catch my drift...
mike0006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #5
BadG3r

besides the dvds there is the learning maya series. good books.

but imo id go for digital tutors basics first (its one set) there you model a pod-racer and it gives you a first overview. i enjoyed starting with that set.
BadG3r is offline   Reply With Quote