This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Free Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding DVDs, tutorials, etc.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010   #1
dragonlaw

Thumbs down Ben Neall DVD

On Ben Neall BTS texturing DVD towards the end he says he wont be covering the lighting aspect of the project or the shaders he will leave it for the next DVD. Now I have searched gnomonworkshop DVD shop for this DVD and it cannot be found. Is it still going to be produced?

It is the one with advanced lighting and compositing techniques using render passes and really advanced compositing stuff (Maya and Shake) which I would love to learn, as it will benefit me tremendously with my university work. Basically an elaborated version of this DVD.

Anyone know any information about this or has everyone already jumped to Nuke? Because I don't want to learn a software for a short amount of time only to have another program come up and everyone jumps to that one, which new workflow's need to be developed which is what I am trying to avoid because of university deadlines.

I know that this industry is dynamic and you have to adapt to learn new software, but if the new software can be exactly what the old software can do with just a few more steps and the same look whats the point? For me I enjoy the process of seeing a composition come to life regardless of what software it is, and if it takes a few more steps so be it.

As I have invested in this DVD I cant feel but I am been let down by the false promises at the end of the DVD
dragonlaw is offline   Reply With Quote