This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 01-12-2010   #1
PpzeK

Default wip Pandoran Creature: Abyssus

hello! My name is Luis, i`m from Portugal and this is my 1st post/contest here at Gnomon foruns! Let me congratulate the team and all users, you are so amazing and inspiring i just love you all!

I just loved the theme this month so i decided to participate. Here`s my concept creature, Abyssus, its an underwater creature, very hostile and uses himself as bait on low depth waters, catching mainly small thirsty mammals/birds.

My objective is to detail this baby really nice, working with different materials like skin and shell and using a colorful palette. Well that`s all for now!

Feedback is welcome!

PpzeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010   #2
aseryen

AMAZING!

its funny cause i made a creature just like this! haha i decided it wasnt what i wanted to submit lol but i hope you can get the texture to work! looking forward to seeing your updates
aseryen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010   #3
quadgore

Default refernce

I like where it is goin, but put some logical anatomy and plausibility into it. and remember the halos which the navi connect to the creature. keep it up, best of luck!!
quadgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010   #4
aseryen

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadgore View Post
I like where it is goin, but put some logical anatomy and plausibility into it. and remember the halos which the navi connect to the creature. keep it up, best of luck!!

well depending on location size etc he might not have to put the halos on it but i also agree there should be more definition to it...maybe crap like another crustacean
aseryen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010   #5
PpzeK

Hello again guys, thx for the input, ill add more features for sure, im on a low subdivision lvl just trying to define volumes first, but you have to explain me what are these "halos that the navi connect to", i didn't see the movie yet, only the trailers, tech stuff, sketches etc.

Cheers
Old 01-13-2010   #6
PpzeK

Thank you toha. the link doesn't work for me but i found a banshee picture with those tentacles, enough to keep me going!
Old 01-14-2010   #7
PpzeK

Hi there! So here`s a small update... I`ve added the connectors and worked on some detail and some forms nothing fancy, i plan on adding some jellyfish like tentacles on the back side to give him more control underwater. I also added a tropical fish picture on top to establish a basic idea of a potential the color palette.

that`s it! Hope you like it!
Old 01-19-2010   #8
PpzeK

Default color

Hello, update on my character! Some testing with the color, you cant see the back on the normal pose but i did it anyway...

Old 01-19-2010   #9
FxA

wow, nice color...
I like the blue light color taht u add on that picture. kind of glow rit?
FxA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #10
PpzeK

Yes man, my 1st idea was to add tentacles to those holes, but after a few tests decided to keep it simple and gave him spaceship like "bionic rotors" that burst him forward and backward. Anyway, after 1 afternoon trying to adjust the displacement in maya i gave up, too much trouble, too much rendering, ill just do everything with zbrush and photoshop for now.

later!

Last edited by PpzeK; 01-19-2010 at 13:10 PM.