This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 01-07-2010   #1
vivid

Default Deep Space Pitstop WIP

Im looking for help with my painting skills and finalizing in photoshop. So any critics are welcomed be as mean as you want I enjoy whatever will make me better in the end. This is a rough background I spent maybe 10 min on.

Last edited by vivid; 01-07-2010 at 13:38 PM.
vivid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010   #2
Dazz3r

Looks very good so far mate. Maybe try and think about where the light source is coming that illuminates the planets. Really try and darken one side, maybe look up pics of the different phases on the moon to give you an idea. Hope that helps

[URL="http://dazzer7.deviantart.com/gallery/"]My Deviant Art Page[/URL]
Dazz3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010   #3
vivid

ya for sure I need a reference for the final I sometimes think its a crutch but everything always turns out better that way. Thanks for the comment and I really like your entry so far.
Old 01-15-2010   #4
vivid

Figuring out my lighting for the foreground and this will tell me what elements and lighting I will need in my background pretty sure im scraping the above background.
Also if any of you see a problem with my lighting mock up PLEASE let me know I want a decent entry by the end of the month.

Old 01-15-2010   #5
vivid

Here is the actual base shading now its on to blending it all together and then making it look more like metal panels and some coloring. Btw I was thinking Blue and Orange for the color scheme its kinda cliché but it just looks good. Any one else have a suggestion?