This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Old 12-24-2006   #1
minidak03

Lightbulb My First EyeBall Need Critique

Hi everyone, this is my first EyeBall I've created so I need some advice from well basically anyone, What more do you think I can do with this?, I know that I need to figure out a better background instead of a plain image but what about my veins, I dont really like them I think they need some work.

I'm not really sure what kind of advice to seek but if my overall goal with this eyeball is to make it as realistic as possible, this was just a quick render using mental ray with a few camera's and a small amount of final gather, I am thinking about making the shadow's more realistic that are on the eyeball and maybe toss in some sub-surface scattering.

Anyway overall what do you think and any suggestion's for additional improvement?

Thanks Everyone.
minidak03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #2
DarthDavis

Default convex iris

Im assuming you did the eye tutorials on this site at http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/tutorials.html

If you didnt they have some tricks in there that it doesnt look like youve done

If you did then I would suggest

more splotchiness / colour variation in the white of the eye, and add some big veins even if on the edge to give it some randomness. To me the veins look just a little to regular. Most people have at least one big nasty vein in their eye somewhere

Add a verrrry slight bump to the cornea, the bump that Alex does in the tutorials is a little rich for me, but he makes a great point.

If you are going for realism *and its human, reverse the concavity of the iris, yours is concave to the camera by the shadows, when it should be convex in a real human eye. This is the deal breaker for me in terms of realism.

but hey, looks pretty good! I really like the color of the iris and the texture on it.
DarthDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #3
section9

good for you......just keep trying......
section9 is offline   Reply With Quote