This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 11-06-2009   #1
kajuzas

Awards Showcase

Default Gothic interior

Here i will post my wip pics

Last edited by kajuzas; 11-06-2009 at 15:50 PM.
kajuzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009   #2
kajuzas

Awards Showcase

Old 11-07-2009   #3
duhjin

So far so good, keep up the good work
duhjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #4
kajuzas

Awards Showcase

Old 11-08-2009   #5
gaf

Awards Showcase

holy crap!....you're practically done, and i haven't even got an idea yet!
gaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #6
Alanise

Awards Showcase

good job - you softened your hard edges which many forget to do it makes it more realistic the only thing that bug me is the flat connection detail from hall ceiling to the vestibule ceiling.

here are some vaulting details of how that connection works. This also show how you would connect if the two sides were not at the same height I take it yours are equal so your would be more symmetrical.

and I quickly sketched over your image not pretty but you get the idea - carry your cast molding around to the second arc then vault all the ceilings together

Last edited by Alanise; 11-08-2009 at 17:23 PM.
Alanise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #7
Alanise

Awards Showcase

oh I would make your vestibule area wider than your hall way so the hallway is leading to a larger room.
Alanise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #8
kajuzas

Awards Showcase

Hi, thanks for comments
Gaf, im far from done hehe

Alanise, thans for cool post. It was very helpful. I was thinking how should i do that ceiling, now im done and i must thank to you. I
I have lifted the back of the cathedral to make it look like lifting or somethin, cause its gothic style
I want to ask you, what should i make wider? Cause im bad in english, i dont know where is that vestibule and main hall.
Here is what i have done. Later ill show more detail, but my now main concern is lightning and render. Do you guys have any ideas for it? Im using vray and 3ds max.
I think it would be cool to do not just architectural building interior, i want to do it with some type of plot, thought.
Im thinkin of doing it underwater or something else dramatic. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

ok there are still many mistakes that i will correct later, but please notify me if you see one, maybe i dont see it

Last edited by kajuzas; 11-09-2009 at 14:24 PM.
Old 11-09-2009   #9
cdevens

Looks great so far. i just posted my work in progress and it looks very similar to yours. I am going to have to try and give mine a different look so they don't look too similar.
cdevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #10
Alanise

Awards Showcase

I like the back area I am calling the vestibule "shown in red" you changed to a circle room very nice. adds some variety.

I would move the pews and furniture to the sides for scale check the scale on those might help to put a outline of human figure in as you plot out layout just for reference. Maybe do a cool floor pattern in the main center isle to help lead the eye and a focal point somewhere maybe a statue or stage, some stage in the back to give more variety in levels?

I would play with colored lights. use plane vray lights and change the colors play around with it

you either play with lights or play with textures/patterns or a bit of both just some ideas Looking good!!

oh here are some typical plan view layouts you can make the back area smaller or wider up to you just giving ideas.

For a good Vray resource for textures and materials I use a lot http://www.vray-materials.de/