This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Old 12-11-2006   #1
Kickmongwi

Default need Critique on my first model

Here is my first 3d Model. The concept came from an I dea I had of fusing construction machines with a spider. This spider does not have eight legs and this was done on purpose. I suppose just to be different from other spiders. I built it with NURBS. The final was to integrate a bg or photo using your 3d model. I plan on adding more to this model as my education with the software grows so by no means is this a complete model. See it as Phase 1. Any comments are welcome.

Last edited by Kickmongwi; 01-02-2007 at 16:58 PM.
Kickmongwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #2
buhby

It's very well done and thought out, but the lighting seems a little off.

It looks like the sun is setting (or rising) since the sky is pinkish and the car lights are on. But the lighting on the spider seems to be right above it and there is no direction in it's shadow. It seems to me that the shadows should be off to the lower right. So perhaps move the main light to the front and right of the spiders head
buhby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #3
section9

again the shadow.....specially in the foot/needle section, it seems like floating object...but very nice with the texture, just need little bump cuz the texture show a little rust......nice..
section9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007   #4
Kickmongwi

Thanks for the comments guys! I was starting to think nobody gave a crap about it! yeah I don't know how the shadow ended up like that? I will work harder at my lighting thats for sure! So much to learn about everything! It has a bump and looks way cooler then this low res jpeg. oh well you'll just have to take my word for it! Thank you again.. more comments are welcome.
Kickmongwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #5
attman

Agree with the floating thing but this could be also because the DOF is strong in the front left but the spider machine legs are still on focus.

Nice modelling work on the legs.
attman is offline   Reply With Quote