This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 08-25-2009   #1
jakeychanman

Default Public Pool WIP

Okay so this is pretty much my first time painting in Photoshop and I have ALOT to learn as you can tell haha. This is for the August 2D Image contest. It is rats in a sewer, I didn't wanna use humans cause I thought maybe alot of the entries would feature them and I wanted an unusual place for the pool so I chose a sewer and rats. I'm one of the few people who actually like rats, they may be kinda dirty but I still think they are a cool and unfairly despised creature.

Anyways, enough of that ramble, this is still WIP of course and I'd much appreciate some feedback and critiques, I know there's a lack of detail so I'm gonna try to fix that. The rough sketches of the rats are in no way what they will look like but I just wanted to places some really rough sketches in places to get the assembly down. So feel free to comment and don't hold back!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sewer1.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	3829   Click image for larger version

Name:	sewer2.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	3830  
jakeychanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #2
jakeychanman

bump

could really use some feedback/critiques!
Old 08-27-2009   #3
Magnus

go go m8
I send you positive energy for good job
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #4
gaf

Awards Showcase

the top left seems very dark...i mean overly dark...maybe a dark blue could portray the darjness rather than almost black...

also will the final entry be higher res?...coz its hard to imagine the final product at this stage.

also try to add nice bits of rock cracks and maybe pools of water on the floor, also wet alls etc.

need to see more.
gaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #5
jakeychanman

Thanks Magnus for the positive vibes haha

And Gaf, I greatly appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately, with school and work and whatnot, I won't be able to work on this more. I see what you meant about the darkness, my computers display is a bit out of whack and shows everything lighter than it should be. I gotta fix that today. And I definitely will make things higher res in the future.
Old 09-15-2009   #6
LordVaders

Default Public Pool WIP

I think using emminent domain for a park is a colossally bad idea. Its not like downtown is having a hard time making it without the park and even if it was, I still dont think a park justifies taking someones property.
LordVaders is offline   Reply With Quote