This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 08-19-2009   #1
tac0m

Question New and need pointers

Hi i've been working in max for awhile now, but i've been doing FPS game mods so basically i know how to make vehicles and weapons look really nice but i've never properly created a human figure.
I notice a lot of people create their characters different ways.
Some people create the mesh in max or maya and just use zbrush to sculpt out the muscles and small folds in the clothing and use that information as their normal map.
Some people have a simple basemesh that they sculpt out the human figure with muscles and all and then retopolize the model the the 3d application.

I would like to learn how to sculpt out a sweet looking character in zbrush and then retopolize it in max using the high rez as the normal map. I have been learning the anatomy and some muscles areas of the body are waaaay easier to create than others. Is it quicker to sculpt out the model in zbrush and then retopolize in max, or is it quicker to form the model in max and then just sculpt the normals in zbrush.... i would like to improve my pipeline.

Plus i also assume that every model is different...ie human basemesh for humans....animal basemesh for animals and so on, fat basemesh for large humans etc etc etc
tac0m is offline   Reply With Quote