This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 07-01-2009   #1
bferrante

Default Gothic Beauty Entry

I didn't get to finish it in time as I kept changing my mind on the ideas. I would love it if anyone could give feedback. I'm getting the idea that my stuff must stink. No one ever offers up any criticism.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gothic beauty2.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	3346  
bferrante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009   #2
ChrRambow

Awards Showcase

Hi i will try to give some constructive critique if you wish.

But first a question ... do you consider this piece as done/final or is it a Work in Progress?

The first thing i've noticed, when looking at it, is that the angle of the person and the mirror
is not matching well ... like they are two diffrent persons. But not one person that is old but looking
young in the mirror.

As sketch your piece is good but it lacks some details and light/shadow and saturation = contrast.

The idea is good.

I am not a good 2d artist but i hope my critique is helping anyhow.

I did a quick mockup of what i mean
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mockup.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	3347  
ChrRambow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009   #3
bferrante

Thanks,
It wasn't finished, but I was having trouble with this work. I recently got back to art afters years of putting focus elsewhere. I have been frustrated by the rustiness. I have forgotten a lot of the basics, IE (PERSPECTIVE) so it is very helpful to get other perspectives what I'm missing to kick my butt a bit. I'm also having trouble figuring the best way to master digital painting. I have been using painter. But haven't figured a rhythm out yet. Thanks again, I will apply the tips. I intend to finish this even though the Gothic beauty contest is over.
Old 07-01-2009   #4
bferrante

Default fixed some more but not done yet

I want the image to read as a mirror image, but the roses wilting doesn't match so I will have to redo them again. I put some more detail in. I tried to fix position of corpse for better perspective. Still have some work to do.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gothic beauty_002.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	3348