This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 06-25-2009   #1
Toxic929

Default Red Riding Hood Struggle

I have a model I've been working on for quite a while now. Its a present day Red Riding Hood in the midst of battle with the wolf. I'm nearing the end of the modeling process and starting on texturing. I'm def not 100% done with modeling though. Heres what I've got so far. C&C much needed!

Toxic929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009   #2
Toxic929

More blood to come

[URL="http://www.adeline3d.com"]Portfolio Website[/URL]
Old 06-29-2009   #3
Roy Korpel

Awards Showcase

nice... hope u keep up to date here!
Roy Korpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009   #4
Toxic929

Thank you Roy Korpel! I believe I definitely will be being that I need the most critique I can get my hands on. Heres the next textrugin update

Last edited by Toxic929; 06-29-2009 at 19:19 PM.
Old 07-02-2009   #5
Toxic929

making the wolf more wolf like though its hard to do without much concept. I'm using wolf photos and dog anatomy to semi modify it.

Old 07-02-2009   #6
Grubber

Awards Showcase

Hey, nice modeling here. One think I do not really like is the pose. It lacks action. Though I do not know how you could to improve it, but as for now it looks like a photographer said to them how to stand (you hold your hand like that and put your leg there), so he could take a shot
Just my opinion.
Grubber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #7
ChrRambow

Awards Showcase

I really love your idea ... The idea for the pose is great.

I think you can enhance dynamic if you open the hand of the wolf ... like he is trying to press away the hand with the knife from him
with an open hand.

The whole pose feels like the wolf is in struggle because red riding hood is attacking him.

Another detail that would enhance is the mouth area ... the skin should be much more fletched and stretched away and more gum and teeth visible on the side.

Where she is grabbing him on the nose he is maybe pushing his lips and nosearea painfully back...

More wrinkles running down from the nosebridge to under the chin....

Just some quick ideas.

Keep up the great work ... i really would like to see the final one.
ChrRambow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #8
Toxic929

Thank you Grubber! I'm tweaking the pose yet again becuz I feel like shes not trying very hard to get away. I figure I can make the pose more dynamic by twisting her body a bit. The wolf's left hand still looks like hes either toying with her or hes in the middle of moving the hand. Thank you too ChrRambow! I will be sure to get around to those details those are really good to note!

Old 07-04-2009   #9
ledux

I would like to see hair and fur on those models they should look great.
ledux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #10
Toxic929

decided to rough in some hair. Not sure if I'll stick to polygons or not.. polygons are pretty easy to tweak the over all shape but harder to tweak the texture. Not to mention stretching and texture sizing.