This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 06-15-2009   #1
Woundedbyravens

Default Photographs + Artistic License in Zbrush

Hi all,

I am planning to do a head sculpt of my dearest and I was wondering if it is possible to import photographs in the same manner as one can do in Maya with a side view + a front view crossing paths. It's kind of hard to explain in words actually but hopefully it will ring a bell. The two images togheter form somewhat of a cross. Other than using images to reference from I get to use a bit of an artistic license to figure the rest out. Haven't gotten around to photographing the back of her head exactly but I am an avid observer so it shouldn't be all to difficult.

I don't really know my way around Maya at all I have just observed people using photographic reference while they were working.

This is for me quite the huge undertaking but I as of lately I have only put energy into work that actually incorporates her visually in somewhat way. I would normally call my self a photoshoper (You can see my latest work here http://icon-one.deviantart.com/art/Music-124784605 she is on the upper right there actually) But I really want to give it a go. If it doesn't work then it won't. I'll still probably learn something about form and the tool that I am using anyway.

If by any chance it is impossible to import images in such a way should I consider doing displacement maps? Do they work for this kind of thing?

Okay, I got a little sidetracked and there are quite a few questionmarks in here. Hopefully some of you have some answers and/or useful tips. Thanks for reading and if you respond then thanks again. Have a good day!

Last edited by Woundedbyravens; 06-15-2009 at 06:05 AM.
Old 06-15-2009   #2
fatalerror

Sounds like you need to watch Intro to ZBrush 3 UPDATED.
fatalerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009   #3
Woundedbyravens

What chapter?
Old 06-15-2009   #4
Woundedbyravens

I found a chapter on displacement maps upon looking, yeah sorry I didn't do that before I replied