This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 06-07-2009   #1
midduke

Default My WIP - Hatch

This is what I have so far, just basic blocking out, and some texturing. From this image I am sure none of you will know what is going on, but give it time .

and a screen grab.

C&C pleeease.
midduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009   #2
midduke

Quick update. Done the first "world" so to speak.

Comments and crits as always.
Old 06-10-2009   #3
Grashock

I really dig the concept, and the way your building the scene looks to be pretty unique, can't wait to see how the whole thing turns out.

As for a critique, couple things I noticed...
the grass/moss seems to be very uniform in both color and the texture, consider adding some stuff on top and changing the length of the strands.

Also the arrows in the corner (marked in red) seem to be of very different sizes. If this were a bunker type deal, they would have been likely painted with a stencil making for a uniform size, but a variation in the way the paint was layed on, if it were sloppy there may be a drip/or a break in the uniformity of the way the paint was layed.

I included an image, the grass and moss samples were some photos I found on the web to give a slight idea of how one might go about breaking it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	test2.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	3184  
Grashock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009   #4
midduke

Hey, thanks for the critique! As for the grass this is just a first 'layer' so to speak, there will be another type of grass on top of that which is slighty longer and probably a lighter green just to change it up a bit.
I am not to sure what happened with the arrows because when I put them in they were exactly the same size, so this could be something to do with the angle of the render, but I'll definitely look into that one.
Thanks again, I love good crit!!
Old 06-13-2009   #5
midduke

Another small update, haven't finished the grass yet, so bare with me.

Old 06-13-2009   #6
midduke

think I have finished the grass on this one, time to move on to the next world. Can't linger for too long.