This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 06-04-2009   #1
PsychicFreak

Default Character modelling for games workflow

hi, i have a few questions about the topic actually. Firstly, im interested in the sort of workflows used in the games industry as this is what i want to get into. For example, at the moment, I have the idea of creating a base mesh in maya and then exporting to zbrush to create a displacement and then back into maya to render.

Just wondering the sort of workflows that are used in the industry and try and incorporate them into my current one.

Also, to that end, are there any dvds/books, gnomon or otherwise that are good for learning a good workflow for modelling for games? was thinking about checking out character modelling for next-gen games and also character modelling for production.

I am currently using maya and zbrush but im familiar with 3ds max so recommendations can be of either software. Cheers

Apologies for the long-winded-ness.
PsychicFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009   #2
fatalerror

For next gen game modeling you really need to use normal maps on a low rez base mesh.
you should get sandbox2 or another high end game engine so you can learn to export to a game engine and learn real time shaders.
fatalerror is offline   Reply With Quote