This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 05-27-2009   #1
lawrencejorgers

Default Control Room WIP

Hi,
This month I will take part in the competition for the very first time!
My control room is fitted with 2 large set off fully adjustable wide angle multi-part monitors. Now I will do the seats, model some stuff, set-up the materials and lighting.
Somebody can tell me when is the dead line to send the final image? I have a lot of things to improve in my design.
I hope every body enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cave3 CntrlRoom C01 003 crop.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	3036  
lawrencejorgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #2
GTpix

Awards Showcase

Hi,
the deadline is approximatively... the end of the month!!!
Good luck to you
GTpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #3
lawrencejorgers

Thanks! I will need to be very, very lucky because people here push the competition very hard!
Beginners donít have easy life! Rs
Old 05-28-2009   #4
GTpix

Awards Showcase

Don't worry about that. A good idea is better than a super modeling technique without any idea. Good luck!
GTpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #5
lawrencejorgers

Default Some updates!

Hi, here I post some updates in my control room.
Something that I was unhappy as the frames to flat and too thin to support the weight of the gadgets has been remodeled.
The monitors are done and modeled with few esthetical adjusts to do. The materials to the off status are done, tomorrow I will start to made tests with the ďpower onĒ.
The single internal standard spotlight was changed to red to make the contrast more dramatic with the ambient blue light from a HDRI map. Iím thinking about reduce this internal light power; or reduce the brightness in photoshopÖ I will do some testsÖ
The structure like on spin cord with several vertebras coming from the frames will support the operator seat, done in this shape because there arenít floor at this level, the operator come from the lower one. Iím still working in it, but the final one will be close to this.
Tomorrow I hope will post more progress!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Cave3 CntrlRoom C05 007.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	3046  
Old 05-31-2009   #6
lawrencejorgers

Default Final Render1

Hi,
My render is done.
I try hard to enhance several aspects, texture, light, all the concrete structure was remodeled.
Later I will describe how do this render and some elements. Now I will try to render another shot!
I think it's not to bad to first time! And you?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Cave3 CntrlRoom C08 011 FINAL1.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	318.4 KB
ID:	3084  
Old 05-31-2009   #7
kajuzas

Awards Showcase

Its freaking good!!!
kajuzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009   #8
lawrencejorgers

Hi,
Here in Brazil is near 23:35h, here comes the second render; just in time after 10:55:55h rendering... The first one was rendered in 6:50h.
I think most people will prefer this one but the first is mine choice because is less explicit and more peaceful and mysterious.
I do this one to show better the displays design. Iím sorry because my control room is on stand-by modeÖ I hope in the near future make it on operation. I have some special plans to these workstations.
All was modeled in CAD software with solid modeler, less the lower section of the concrete structure done already with CAD but using only faces. I think most people here donít like or know any cad software but to do this complex geometrical parts like my displays is very utile because you can handle geometrical solids with extreme precision.
So, after modeled, I import and rendered it with mentalray using only one spot light and one HDRI map. Most of materials are standard mentalray. Iím not very happy with the concrete texture but think donít compromise the renderings. After all I use volume shade in the internal light to give some dense aspect and atmosphere to the render.
I can explain any aspect with detail if somebody asks.
Thatís it, I canít express in English my happiness because even donít happy and seeing some aspects to enhance the work is done in the free hours, in less than two weeks.
Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Cave3 CntrlRoom C09 011 FINAL1.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	348.5 KB
ID:	3114  
Old 06-13-2009   #9
anereomarboke

Default Control Room WIP

I reduced my sodium intake to well under 500 mg/day and I quit using BP medicine. The medicine was torturing me with headaches and neuroses. I have no regrets about taking this action.
anereomarboke is offline   Reply With Quote