This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 05-14-2009   #1
kajuzas

Awards Showcase

Default May contest wip- control room

Hello, guys. Im new here. Just found out about these chalanges you are doing every month. And it seems alot of fun. So i decided to participate. I dont know if im allowed to?
So here is my WIP. This i made today. Im thinking about doing this control room/bunker in a jungle or a forest. This is for doing special tasks, so it is hidden in jungle or forest. I dont know what should i do, or to do a working room or to do it neglected, with plants overgrown. I hope to get some advices and critique or comments. Im really looking forward to finish this peace. Thanks for viewing
kajuzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009   #2
Pharion

Awards Showcase

Welcome kajuzas, I'd recommend a big escaped mutant
Old 05-14-2009   #3
kajuzas

Awards Showcase

Yeah, it would be great, but i dont think it resembles the theme and if it would then my skills are too low to do creatures and shit. But thanks for advice!

Heres some more WIP

Old 05-15-2009   #4
kajuzas

Awards Showcase

Hello there guys. If ure reading this tell me honestly what do you think of my picture please. I have watched at it long time and i dont see anything anymore . Your opinion is really important for me, beleave me Thanks.

If u want u can check this picture and tell me wich camera position u like the most

Last edited by kajuzas; 05-15-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 05-15-2009   #5
GTpix

Awards Showcase

Hi Kajuzas,
It looks great but the big tree in the center of your comp is hiding the bunker. Try to move it on one side of the picture.
GTpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #6
Pharion

Awards Showcase

awesome work, but can I suggest that you give a hint on what its controlling, or lost control of?
Old 05-16-2009   #7
kajuzas

Awards Showcase

GTpix, thanks, ill do it
Pharion, I had idea, that it is hidden somewhere in the middle of forest or jungle, so noone can find it and it controls secret communications, rockets, satelites n shit
Old 05-17-2009   #8
kajuzas

Awards Showcase

Hello, artists.
What ive done is i added fog with zdepth anc completely changed the environment. Changed broadleaf trees to a palms to make jungle. Grass will be added, what do u think about my work? What about camera position? Thanks!
Oh and i wanted to ask if it is possible to make a fine volumetric light with vray using vray sun with or without other lights? (i know there's a way doing it with direct light, cause vray doesnt have volumetric light function) But when i do it with direct light, shadows are very very very low quallity... Thanks, hope u understood my bad english. Sorry for that. C ya

Last edited by kajuzas; 05-17-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-17-2009   #9
reidbaker

Awards Showcase

I'm not sure how you'll be finalizing it, but I strongly prefer the more dramatic angle in the WIP pic above it (the one with the tree shadow). And can I ask how you are doing the vegetation? That's something I always struggle with.
reidbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009   #10
kajuzas

Awards Showcase

Thanks for comment, man. About the camera angle. I wanted to show nature aswell so i putted it liek this. But i think you're right about the camera angle. I will do more dramatic,as u said, but also ill show nature abit aswell anyways.
About vegetation. I use two plugins. One is called i think 'generate ivy' or something like this to do ivy, and the second is Onyx TreeStorm to make trees. Trees are highly detalized so it has alot of polygons. Its good it can show in viewport as a basic object. But this treestorm plugin is very buggy, i had many crashes and it ate me alot of time to understand how works materials on the trees, how to put UV on.
Anyways, thans and good luck with ur works