This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 04-04-2009   #1
Meat Monkey

Awards Showcase

Default Normal Map not showing

Im not sure if this is the right place to put this, forgive me if Im in the wrong section. But I have a normal map issue with maya 2008 I cant for the life of me figure out.

Cant get the Normal map to show in the Hardware Renderer in Maya 2008. Any thoughts?

I have been creating Normal Maps for Maya via Zbrush Zmapper, I have had plenty of success previously so I am familiar with the basics of it. I create the object base mesh in maya, layout the uvs in maya 1 to 1, nothing fancy. Take it into zbrush do all the sculpting, export back out the base mesh and the normal map into maya. When I get back into maya, soften the normals and apply the tangent space normal map through the bump node and turn on High resolution Texture rendering nothing happens. No messed up normals, nothing. I can still render it in the software render however and see the normal map. But Im going for Game models here and need it to work in the Hardware texturing windows.

I have looked on the forums but cannot find the answer. So if anyone can point me to a thread that solves this or let me know the what it might be, I would greatly appreciate it!

-Meatmonkey
Meat Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote