This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 03-21-2009   #1
DanielAMV

Default Incubator - what doesn't kill you...

But I'm not really expecting to survive until the end of March with the way things are going for me.

There are just so many things I want to do with this project that I just don't know how to do, and that is horribly frustrating for me. I had 3 original ideas, one was a child in a blanket fort (incubation of imagination) with his blanket fort all lit up and the child silhouetted etc, But I wasn't even going to attempt to do that...

Second was incubation of ideas, starting with a Gutenberg printing press that morphs from industrial revolution press to magnetic tapes to vacuum tubes and circuits to a computer monitor. On the back end of the Gutenberg press would be a paper sticking up that had an old english saying on it and on the front computer screen would be the modern version of it. I did a mock up but couldn't get it to look right so I scrap this one too.

Something like this, I'm making a new one where the pistons be much taller and more "incubator like" as well as having 3 levels of height for more soul crushing fun (that would be my soul)
DanielAMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #2
DanielAMV

I so want to figure out how to get these skeletons to work so I can pose the little guys, but it just isn't working for me. That is the biggest problem, so much I want to do with lighting, materials, but i just don't know how, and the google book preview only lets you preview the first 100 pages or so before skipping to every 50 pages. Darn you google for getting my hopes up like that!

DanielAMV is offline   Reply With Quote