This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 03-04-2009   #1
aseryen

Default dull to gloss textures

i have some colors im going to use in a texture but i want to make them more glossy to give them a "watery" look...im using green and yellow...any ideas as to how to make them see more "watery"

should i experiment with the materials blinn phong etc

or is there a better technique?
aseryen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #2
duhjin

You should experiment with all the materials. Blinn should work good, for what it sounds like you want to do. I would fool around with the settings in the specular shading to get the look that you want. A good way to get familiar with the settings is to use a IPR render and keep testing out all the options. If your not familiar with how to use IPR I would recommend the "Creating Believable Eyes" tutorial found on this site. This tutorial shows you how to use IPR render among many other great tips.
Its a great tutorial and can help you on your way.
duhjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #3
aseryen

thank you ive got my textures and ill check out the tutoria; as i am not familiar with IPR
aseryen is offline   Reply With Quote