This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 02-11-2009   #1
itos

Default Agnisu & the Dragon Fire - itos wip

Hi everyone since I heard of the february contest I have been thinking of the idea. So first I started with a story before the drawing and concept (Iain Mccaig teachings in the Master Classes and Broadcast events in past december, was increidble to have a chat with Iain and learn from him) then after making the story I make a drawing so I have something to base on my sculpt. Later I will post some Zsphere approach to this model, I am new to Zbrush but I will put all my knowledge learnt from the Zbrush Master Classes from Ryan Kingslien and post something. It will be two hard weeks hehe.
itos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #2
itos

Default story

this is the story I wrote for this, hope you like it:

Agnisu & the Dragon Fire

2.2 million years ago in the Cradle of Humankind primitive humans lived. In a parallel world there was a kingdom full of dragons, which lived in eternal conflicts. In this realm there was a dragon named Agnisu, the noble paladin of the dragon empire. The origin of the strength of the dragons came from an artifact called Dragon Fire; this artifact was the reason for many wars and disputes.

One day Agnisu risked his live and stole the Dragon Fire, after this he went to the land of the primitive humans, the land that he visited often and became friend of those primitive humans. He decided to give the Dragon Fire to those humans so they can protect it and give it a better use, after that the humans found the fire element hidden in the Dragon Fire, and since then it has been used in many ways.
Old 02-11-2009   #3
itos

Default Drawings

Here are some concept art for the sculpt, here is my approach to the pose and figure, will try to correct some proportions in Zbrush:

Agnisu & the Dragon Fire

The Dragon Fire
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	agnisu_web.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	2534   Click image for larger version

Name:	dragon_fire.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	2535  

Last edited by itos; 02-11-2009 at 17:36 PM.