This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 01-21-2009   #1
JohnAnthony

Question Maya Sculpt topic

I've been working more with subd's, but now it's time to animate...big issue that popped up-

I went to set keys on extrusions, via history, which of course were done in poly proxy , I couldn't find 'em ! I didn't delete history, it exists on other areas, but seems to have concealed itself pretty good. I've explored using the hypergraphs, the hypershade, outline, etc, with filters, still can't turn it up...I'm researching away, but if anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated.
JohnAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #2
JohnAnthony

on the note of subd's there's one other issue I'm having. If I use the auto map for the uv's, it works out ok if the object, is say, a rolling pin ...If it's somehting more complicated, it gives a decent startingpoint with the shells, but arranges all the shells along a row in the bottom of the 0to1 sapce , meaning 90% of the space above the shells is not being used; they come out tiny too...go figure. I tried lots of diffrent settings, but nothing seems to get better usage of the grid. layout doesn't seem to help either. what gives!?!
Old 02-05-2009   #3
JohnAnthony

hey does anyone know a shortcut key for the soft_mod tool's fall off? I thought it was using the b key as in the artisian tool, but in M2008 I'm only doing it thru the attribute editor..
Old 02-19-2009   #4
JohnAnthony

you can use the extrude edge tool with cuvesthe same way as in extruding faces? wow that stands to reason, but that is about tocome in real handy!
Old 02-22-2009   #5
JohnAnthony

hey does anyone know why when I'm converitng a subdivision surface to nurbs, it splits it up inot multiple pieces? I checked the hypergraph and cleaned up weird nodes, which the previous poly-subd process seems great at generating, but can't peg hte answer to this...and I need to extract a curve....