This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 01-06-2009   #1
supacrazyman

Default Plz help me with the material choosing!!

Ok, here's the thing, im in an arts course but i wanted to update my materials and get into digital drawing . But here's the problem, i was thinking of getting a drawing tablet and a laptop (since i need to carry stuff around ), or maybe, just maybe get a tablet pc instead. Ive seen some reviews and i found Wacom, it seems to be the best brand out there, and i was thinkin of gettin a bamboo to start doing some stuff, i dont need to start off with pro stuff, when i get good at it (i hope eh eh) mebbe il rethink on upgrading, so i just need help from u pro's to make up my mind about this... average lappy with tablet or tablet pc, if any of those wich brand and model ?? Btw my orçament is between 0 and 1400 euros (about 1892 US dollars). Plz help me guys and sorry for makin u read such a long text :P.
supacrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #2
JokerFrown

don't know about the laptops but I just bought my wacom Intuos 9x12 about a week ago and I love it. the bamboo fun seems great to start with because even though I might have 4 more shortcut buttons and an xtra touch strip I hardly use the ones on my right. although the bamboo has it's buttons on top and you might find it tedious to work with.

I'm not too sure about the difference in sensitivity levels between them but you can adjust the pressure needed to draw on it so I don't think it'll make too much difference, but I like things better even if subtle.

they all take a little getting use to the feel of the tablet but you'll get it in a matter of hours or a day max.

the bamboo fun and my intuos have an eraser which I find it feels more natural to flip my pen than a shortcut key so that's a plus.

the bamboo's seem to be wireless so that's a possitive

the best I find about this tablet is no batteries on the pen. I've tried others and their bulky and bothersome.the hotkeys are also custom to fit each application seperately so you don't have to keep rearranging your shortcut hotkeys.

It's worth it
JokerFrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #3
supacrazyman

Ok thank u for the tip man, i also thought of intuos but they seem a bit expensive ,lol, at least for a starters u kno? but ill give it a try. Too bad there aren't any of those high-tech news fairs here in portugal :P.
supacrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote