This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 12-18-2008   #1
DJZ

Awards Showcase

Default The Wall

Well this is more like Walls, walls that keep us trapped inside, safe from the world around us, and from ourselves.
Whether you imagine this is in your head, a dark corner in your mind feeling lost and alone, or that this is a reality, it's all up to you and how you see this.
For now this is "finished", but I still have some time left so I thought I'd see if I could get some critiques before I submitted it, there's always something that could use changed, I'll just have to let it rest a few days and come back to it.
DJZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #2
funddevi

Looks nice, definitely tells a story. Perhaps more light away from the character to create a focal "dark spot" on him would look good? I've got nothing to say other than that, nice image.

-Funddevi
funddevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #3
DJZ

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the reply funddevi, that's something I wanted to have but I wasn't sure how dark it was now (my monitor always seems to be lighter than others), but I'll add more light to the edges and maybe darken up the center.

Thanks again.

Edit:
Here's an updated version, to me the outside looks a little too bright, but let me know what you all think, it may be because I've been staring at it too long

Last edited by DJZ; 12-19-2008 at 07:19 AM.
Old 12-19-2008   #4
purplemikey

looks too light for me... nothing of an horror scene since its white with a black spot in the middle
I prefer the first one by far
purplemikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #5
DJZ

Awards Showcase

I'd have to agree with you there, here's a 3rd version, petty much like the first but a little darker/more contrast in the center.
Old 12-19-2008   #6
funddevi

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking with the focal dark spot thing.

Nice work, I think it's ready to submit!

-Funddevi
funddevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008   #7
DJZ

Awards Showcase

Thanks everyone, the help was much appreciated, I going to go ahead and submit the latest version, if anyone has any other crits of course feel free to let me know, I still have time to edit it, I just want to make sure I get it submitted before the end of the month, with Christmas on its way I'm not sure if I'll have too much free time.