This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 11-30-2008   #1
Vicktorious

Default .45 cal 1911

Been fiddling with a model of a 1911 .45 caliber. Started yesterday what do you guys think so far. Still got some work to do smoothing out the verts in the handle and need to add a few details at the bottom (proper clip mounting) then im going to go in and do the guts. C&C greatly appreciated.

Vicktorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008   #2
deakinduperly

remembet that the lower cylinder should stay at it's place also.. if my army days are right... onthe the top part goes back and the two cylindrs show, the barrel and the air spring one.... if i'm not wrong....

check the specular adnt he black metal seems a bit off, might be the monitor i'm looking with (it sucks) other than that i think its ok besides the work u said... look at the trigger and its cover the colours seems off... i think that's it...
nice work hope to see it finished
deakinduperly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008   #3
Vicktorious

Oh yeah. Forgot to take the spring cylinder out of the action Group. When I get home I'll test some spec changes. Thx. As for trigger, nothing I tried shader wise made A difference due to it's position. It's a light problem that I neglected
Old 11-30-2008   #4
deakinduperly

maybe add some bit of bevel on the trigger to give the edge a sharper specular than the rest
Old 12-01-2008   #5
Vicktorious

after looking it up, every image I found showed only the rifled barrel staying in location when chambering.

*image courtesy of justpistols.co.uk and is not my gun. just to clarify:P*
Old 12-01-2008   #6
Blackdragon1981

Awards Showcase

Default Wow nice work

Hmm when I look at the original I notice that the shutter is not in the correct position you should put it more back so it looks more realistic :-) Just an advice But lovely modeling
Blackdragon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #7
deakinduperly

i'm not looking at the original and i really don't need it to say.... sweeeet... realy great work

now do a ak47!!!!! LOL no but seriously... do it lol
Old 12-12-2008   #8
JokerFrown

cool
nice materials too
what kind of material did you use for the grip?
JokerFrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009   #9
Vicktorious

the grip is just a basic blinn shader with a black to white ramp for specular, 0 diffuse and a triangle patterned bump map. just went for the simplest method to it
Old 08-02-2013   #10
michel123

1911 extractors can go at any time, but 8 rounds is a bit short!
I'm glad it is up and running for you. If you do get a different brand, make sure it works with the firing pin plunger. Taurus has a different cut and might not hold it in. You might need to replace the extractor, the plunger, and the plunger spring.thanks

Last edited by michel123; 11-24-2014 at 23:38 PM.
michel123 is offline   Reply With Quote