This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 11-21-2008   #1
AndrewWilliam

Default Requests for outstanding free tutorials

Hi folks,

I'm new to Zbrush and even though I bought it around 6 months ago I haven't had the chance to use it much more than to navigate the interface a few times. I do most of my modeling in 3D Studio Max but would love to use both max and Zbrush in my production work. Only problem is I have no clue about bringing things in from max and vice versa as well, I'm working on some animal characters for a client in max but would love to bring it in and do fur and other details in Zbrush. My question is there any pro's out there willing to share some free info with a starving x student on how to accomplish all this? I'm a Sr. Technical Illustrator in Aerospace and would be glad to share any tech ill questions out there in exchange.
U. S. National Dean's List 2007-2008

Last edited by AndrewWilliam; 11-21-2008 at 21:23 PM.
AndrewWilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #2
deakinduperly

for fur i suggest maya's egine on that side... zbrush still has got some while before it gets there... maya's plugin for shave and haircut is pretty cool, i' have'nt used it but iv'e seen some really cool stuff... for 3dmax and zbrush work flow check out zbrushcentral for good info on workflows... hope it help...
deakinduperly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #3
Pharion

Awards Showcase

You might be able to get a nice fo fur effect using the rake, and using it as a bump map, the feathers tutorial might be a good one to look at also:

http://forums.thegnomonworkshop.com/...ead.php?t=1564

Showing how to do hair, and cloths in ZBrush would be appreciated, or if someone could point me to the Gnomon DVD's that explain how, I would be grateful.
Pharion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #4
funddevi

Hmm, if I remember right 3DS has an export function...export into a .obj and then import that in with Zbrush. If that fails, download Blender and import .3ds and then export into .obj...

As for doing hair, if you need ideas for how to sculpt it just search for traditional methods of sculpting hair and then "import" that into Zbrush.

Hope this helps.

-Funddevi

EDIT: Please note that I've only played with the trial version of Zbrush and I only have 3DS Max 7, I have no idea what functionality these programs actually have.
funddevi is offline   Reply With Quote