This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 11-19-2008   #1
hensleyb

Awards Showcase

Default Umwm wip

here is what I have so far. I'm still brainstorming for a good environment or scenario. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

hensleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008   #2
deakinduperly

looks like desert... or maybe ice snowy area soviet type.... it's a very open scene... i'd go for desert, realy sunny hot and rocky, hope to see this one textured... nice work
deakinduperly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008   #3
hensleyb

Awards Showcase

I think you are right about the desert. I wanted to put it somewhere more interesting but it looks like it's built for flat terrain. thanks for the input. I'll post more pics when the texture is done.
Old 11-19-2008   #4
neuromancer2

I would go with a winter scene, as the weapon looks sort of soviet in design.

I really like the concept. Stands out from all the designs with legs that seem to be flooding this particular theme...nice clean modeling too.
neuromancer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #5
hensleyb

Awards Showcase

I decided to go with the snow scene. I'm still working on the textures but I thought I'd post an end of the day update. Crits are welcome!

thanks for looking.

-Brad

Old 11-24-2008   #6
TofurkeyMan

I like the winter scene idea, you should throw some grey clouds in the sky too. A clear blue sky sends a mixed message of "these are warheads on a beautiful day". Personally, I don't see warheads being a beautiful day. But, it is your design, so it's your message! Just a thought. Looks great though.
TofurkeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008   #7
hensleyb

Awards Showcase

TofurkeyMan, I hear what you are saying about the blue sky. I think I'm going to push it the other way. Turn the warheads into a joke. I put flames on them. Maybe I 'll add some Mickey Mouse ears too? I'm thinking I want to give the impression that the bombs are full of toys or flowers. Something goofy like that. What do you think? It sounds funny to me, but I haven't been sleeping much because of my 2 month old son.