This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 11-16-2008   #1
ekimnrag

Awards Showcase

Post Unmanned War Machine WIP

i started molding this cube, not knowing what i was going to make, and it turned into a gasoline powered four legged robot thing, pretty fun. also i really dig everyone's WIPs so far, way awesome stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WIPUnmannedWarMachine.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	2035  
ekimnrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #2
Blackdragon1981

Awards Showcase

Default Wow looks nice

I like your idea of an Spider robot. Are you going to animate that baby? Cant wait to see it in action Good luck for the contest
Blackdragon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #3
ekimnrag

Awards Showcase

Thanks! im deffinetly going to pose it into some possition, maybe have it smashing something. i just hope i find the time to do it.

any c&c from anyone would be more than appreciated.
Old 11-18-2008   #4
purplemikey

I dont see any weapon on him
dunno if his eyes are weapons like... canon beam...
anyway maybe a weapon on his back could be cool
like instead of spider webs.. shooting something acid... or I dont know what... anyway nice modeling =)
cant wait to see more
purplemikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #5
ekimnrag

Awards Showcase

Default hookey religions and ancient weapons are not match for a good blaster

thanks! ive already put some weapons on, added more details, attached the hydraulics and positioned the robot. that part is almost done and ill probably put a updated version of it up pretty soon. still need to finish some background junk and im still deciding on textures for it. these last few days ive been to busy with college, but the test is over which means back to drawing.

so i made a quick model of my jeep cherokee for this robot to step on. i didnt really plan it out anymore than the basic jeep shape, this explains the out of place polygons above the wheel flairs. its cool though because when i smashed the car it mixed in with the crumpled mess a bit.

the glass isn't 100% acurate. glass shaters completly and doesnt leave huge shards, but it looks cool anyway. i think im going to take them out completly or at least the glass windows near the impact area. what would you guys do for car glass?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WIP jeep cherokee.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	2045  

Last edited by ekimnrag; 11-18-2008 at 17:47 PM.
Old 11-18-2008   #6
deakinduperly

are u doing an animation? just curious... u doing the glass shatter with a plugin? or manually broke it up? and just for your information... the 3d contest is an image, no animation required although it's still cool to see some animation work...
deakinduperly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008   #7
ekimnrag

Awards Showcase

i dilplaced/subdivided the windows then randomly selected some random shards then deleated them. took me 10 min , but probably would have been easier with a plugin. and its just going to be a single image, no animation.
Old 11-19-2008   #8
Blackdragon1981

Awards Showcase

Default Killermachine :-)

wow cool idea man hmm when you just put one leg on the damage hood it would looks really dangerous:-) maybe you try it
Blackdragon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #9
ekimnrag

Awards Showcase

Default almost finished

well little by little ive been updating this image and im a couple days away from entering it. i think some dust will spice it up alot. hopefully ill have some time for it. any ideas or c&c will definetly be considered. now i have to go study some sociology.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	high render final 2.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	2099  
Old 11-24-2008   #10
GTpix

Awards Showcase

Great job!
I like the human poin of view of your image. The robot is big and seems very dangerous. I don't think your picture needs some more dust. Otherwise, it will reduce the visibility of it.
GTpix is offline   Reply With Quote