This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 11-10-2008   #1
markiv

Default (Wurger) Unmanned War Machine :eek:

Aloha!
Nice to be part of this competition....love the theme...LOVE IT!...sorry, had a lotta sugar .
Anyways...heres the rough design studies for my Unmanned War Machine. I named it "Wurger"...or "shrike"...in german i think.

The design Philosophy is that, "Wurger" is part of a futuristic weapon system.Wurger is a Fast Insertion Armoured System(FIAS). Over the battlefield, there are usually a number of heavily protected Airborne Battle Stations(ABS), flying Permanently high up into the stratosphere, above weather an' oxygen levels. These ABS are powered by Solar energy an' have no need to land. Hence they are manned by autonomous AI induced robotic systems, which don't need heavy maintenance or supply. When a threat in their area of operations is percieved, they send in immediate reinforcements from above.
Wurger, is designed like a "Lifting Body"...or rather its a gliding sled. It has forward propulsion provided by 2 traditional enclosed turbofans. They are guided to the target area by the ABS. Once on the ground ( which they land upon in a kind of controlled crash landing), They team up with the Sat Nav and ABS command Network. Whereby any and every Wurger in the prescribe action area are always in the loop as to the situation Via Encrypted digital communication channels.
Wurger is like a Future day Urban tank...heavily armoured and even more heavily Armed. Added to this lethal mix is that this system is always ready and can be deployed in a matter of minutes unmatched agility with a bipedal locomotion system. Making Wurger ideal for urban combat scenarios.
Here is a WIP Grab.

cheers
markiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #2
GTpix

Awards Showcase

Very nice work Markiv!
Like the concept and the anims are very cool.
GTpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #3
osmand lu

Default welcome markiv awesome entry

markiv san,

really good to see u here. i haven't started on my 2d challenge concepts as yet but now looks like need to catch up hehe. cool stuff. so you did find the gif animator at last.
osmand lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008   #4
nicholas_caruana

Awards Showcase

Thumbs up Grate work

Grate work markiv.
Beautiful concept good luck
nicholas_caruana is offline   Reply With Quote