This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Work-in-Progress (WIPs)

Work-in-Progress (WIPs) Working on your submission for the monthly contests and want to share your progress/process and get some feedback? This is the place to do it.

Old 11-08-2008   #1
Pharion

Awards Showcase

Default Fairies and the Woodland Realm

I'd appreciate all and every bit of help with this project please...
I've had an idea of doing a faerie battling a caterpillar.... here's what I've done so far... I'm ok with the caterpillar, but am struggling with the pose for the faerie:

Pharion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008   #2
deakinduperly

as a personal opinion maybe the fairie can be trapped, like being smuthered, in the rings of the worm... another one flying and hitting the worm or it's back arched taking run up, a boost, to hit it... like the dude in the movie the reing of fire, at the end, when the go hunting for the male dragon... he leaps toward it from a tower with an ax (take that moment in mind)... and then gets eaten....

try simulating a hit with a bat and try watching yourself and pick a right pose... remember for muslce tension and dynamics, it's mostly a good animation pose i'd say... like a picture for kodak moment LOL sorry bad joke....

otherwise cool work, didn't think of a worm batteling with a fairie before...

hope to see more
deakinduperly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008   #3
Vicktorious

just a little thought on the pose. Stand up from the computer and act like you're thrusting a weapon. Your head actually comes forward and down not back and up. and if you turn the head back towards the camera, it'll actually be a really good opportunity to see the face and add alot more feeling to the piece.
Vicktorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #4
Pharion

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the suggestions.... I don't think I have time to do a second faerie, but I like the idea of turning the head, to avoid the gore squirting from the wound.

I might also have the battle taking place on an apple...
Pharion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008   #5
LumatDrake

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharion View Post
I might also have the battle taking place on an apple...
This is a really good idea!!! I think the apple would fit perfectly in your scene!!!Only I don't know if this will carry your scene a bit away from the theme (woodland realm), maybe it doesn't!!! Really cool idea!!!!
LumatDrake is offline   Reply With Quote