This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Old 11-14-2006   #1
elementa

Default Irradiated Water

This is my first Maya project. I started using the program about two months ago and I am almost out of good learning resources, so PICK ME I NEED DVDs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Irradiated Water.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	229  
elementa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #2
mike0006

Well, considering that the title of your piece is irradiated water, I think you should make the water look a little more distinguished. I'm not sure exactly what but mabey map some kind of green glowing texture into the incandesence channel of your water shader.

Also, I'm not sure if you were going for the contest but this month's theme is Landscapes. If you need some new learning resources, it wouldn't hurt to post something in there and mabey you'll get lucky.
mike0006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #3
elementa

Geez, if figures that I would overlook the theme and totally post in the wrong place. Anyway, the waters glow is subtle for the reason that I am going from water that was actually sold as a product back before they knew radiation was harmful. Basically they thought radiation was good for you and Irradiated Water was a health craze until people started dieing. This is also why a lot of third world countries have water supplies that are contaminated by radiation to this day. It is probably too small to read due to the image size but the label reads
Irradiated Water
Because Two Heads Are Better Then One
Then states that radiation is good.
This helps you understand it is drinking water.
Also the Pear is the main focus of the piece and the water is the context therefore I don?t want it to be dominant over the Pear and if I increased the glow, due to the volume of water on the counter, it would be a bit visually loud.

Thanks for the reply,

Shane
elementa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #4
SS102

Default ok

Sry! But I not think, that you have started, there is 2 month, but good work.

You create of hand and character, So you can to make a humain, see more!
SS102 is offline   Reply With Quote