This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 10-12-2008   #1
Turiell

Default Best PC's

Hello guys, its me again xD, today another doubt came to my mind, i will work in the animatin and game design so i was wondering what would be the best for me to buy in pc, i was looking through MAC or ALIEN, so i dont know what is better in the design to buy a desktop/notebook MAC or ALIEN, i will apreciate a lot if i get a response, this is very very important for me, because this are decisions that involve lot of money, Thanks.
Turiell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #2
jason

I haven't heard of MAC, but if you mean an Apple "Mac", then yes, that would be a good choice, as you can run windows and os x. The machines are built for professional designers, while Alienware is geared more towards gamers.

Of course, you can always build the machine yourself, but you loose the ability to run osx (if thats important to you)
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #3
Turiell

So the Apple operating system osx is much much better and faster than windows? i heard that some time ago, i like using maya, im new in this i have 4 months learning maya bymyself, and i want to know if its better when i enter college to buy a Apple or a Alienware, wich would be more powerfull for making games, media and animation...
Old 10-17-2008   #4
Turiell

Thnaks, so Alienware its better to run Maya and 3D than the MAC ?