This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 10-09-2008   #1
Turiell

Default Rendering time

Hello guys, im new here at the forum, i have some time asking myself how can i make shorter the rendering times, but i dont find really the answer actually i have a graphic card Powercolor X1550 512MB DDR2, and my procesor is 3.2 ghz, ,intel pentium 4, windows XP home, 1 GB RAM, but the question here is, what do i need, more RAM or more graphic card, because some people tell me i need to get a better graphic card and some other tell me that i need to put more RAM to my pc, so i dont know what to do, if the graphic card or the RAM is better to buy for decreasing rendering time... i hope you guys help me, thanks a lot.

Greetings
Turiell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008   #2
GTpix

Awards Showcase

Hi Turiell,

I also have a a 3,2 Ghz. Graphic card Nvidia 6800GT, 1GB DDR2.
Two months ago, I modified the 1 GB RAM to 3 GB RAM, render time was reduced per 4. 60 (50$) for 2 GB RAM. it is not too expensive!
But it also depends of the your graphic card.

Harware / software... that's the question...
hope it helps.
GTpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008   #3
Turiell

Thanks a lot GTpix, humm i dont know if my pc can hold more RAM i downloaded a program called EVEREST wich tell me the motherboard characteristics but in my motherboard it says maximum memory amount is 4 GB, and i have 2 free spaces for RAM, this is my model of PC Dell optiplex gx280, can anyone tell me if i can plugin 2 more RAM memorys, one of 2 GB and other of 1 GB??

Thanks
Turiell is offline   Reply With Quote