This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Old 11-07-2006   #1
acetasoski

Default Clio

Hi.This is my first upload here.I would like to read your coments.The modeling for this one is done in maya, rendering in mental ray and the backround in terragen.I hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clio.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	204  
acetasoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #2
mike0006

Not bad. The only thing that stands out to me is that the shadows underneath the car are completely black. You should either adjust the shadow in Maya, or even better, render a few versions of your scene. Do a shadow pass, diffuse pass, reflection pass, and a background pass. Then you'll be able to adjust all these things independently of each other and it'll be much quicker to tweak stuff.
mike0006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006   #3
acetasoski

Default thanks

Thanks for the advice.I'am exploring multi pass rendering right now. We're now working on the scene with this car, and that will be the workflow that we'll use. As soon as it's done i will upload it here.
acetasoski is offline   Reply With Quote