This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 05-10-2008   #1
deakinduperly

Default peeps using parallel on mac

Hey guys i'm a mac lover and user... just gotta love the almost no virus thing and graphics r like way better... but the mayor prob like always, is that almost everyhthing is first done in pc then mac and so forth...

i got the maya on my mac, no probs, but cuz zbrush in only available up to versioni 2... i instaled the parallel software on my mac to run zbrush 3.1

here comes the question... if any of u guys r using parallel also, you'l notice that we can set the RAM it uses. And cuz zbrush works mainly on RAM, how much RAM do ya let parallel use and still be able to use the rest of your comp easily?

i'm putting 1.4 gigas on RAM to it (i got 2 giga ram) and it gets real slow when using my mac side... then again i got like almost 1 giga free for my zbrush cus windows still needs like 400 megas to work, that part sucks)

so any suggestion on this part? i'm going crazy and wanna strangle the zbrushcentral guys for not doin it also for mac users... grrrrrrrrrr
deakinduperly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008   #2
kraal

i actually traded parallels for vmware fusion to use zbrush
kraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008   #3
deakinduperly

how's that working for u? ustill gotta put the memory and stuff like that? plz let me know cuz i really wanna get the best out of zbrush and right now it's almost all headachesfor the moment... although got some nice results still a pain in the but...

hey another question.... any on u guys using 32 bit displacement maps? how do ya transform . tif to . map ? on a mac? and no way i'm gonna instal maya on the pc side... pffffff hell no....
deakinduperly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008   #4
lovebeijgo

Post lenient with others

to be severe with oneself and lenient with others.-------------------------Our wow power leveling website offer Fast and Secure wow powerleveling service. WoW Power Leveling 60-70, Cheap wow power leveling 1-70. The Professional WoW Power Leveling! Powerlevel WoW Power Leveling now. WOrld of warcraft Power Leveling bloom of true love associated with this time of year!
Old 06-10-2008   #5
Kaiyureboy

Arrow Brilliant, it works. Thank you

OK!!!!! It Does work, thank you for your kindless.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Angelina Jolie Lose Weight Diabetes
Kaiyureboy is offline   Reply With Quote