This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 03-30-2008   #1
helix

Default Working under the OS X platform

Hey guys Im new the the forums! I have a couple of questions this morning regarding what OS you you guys use.

Ive used both OS X and Windows as many of us have but when it comes down to it what do you guys use?

I understand that Zbrush 3.1 isnt out for mac so Im assuming most people are using Windows?
helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #2
Imhotep397

Default A lot of people run ZBrush 3.1 on Macs

Interestingly enough a lot of people are running ZBrush on their Macs, via BootCamp. I haven't heard of anyone running ZBrush via VMWare Fusion, but I suspect the performance would be close to if not equivalent to actually booting into Windows, especially since ZBrush's display method doesn't rely on a video card.
Imhotep397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #3
kraal

i use zbrush via vmware fussion and it works just dandy
kraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #4
head_smell_

Awards Showcase

Mac OS is like putting your hand in blender...
I think it's pretty funny Adobe won't be accommodating the Mac freaks with 64 bit on the new CS4 suite being how they have to rewrite the entire programs...
I'm not saying windows is perfect or anything, but PC are just as a powerful tool in your work flow while you are able to fully customize every part, for half or sometime a third of the price of a Mac system...
head_smell_ is offline   Reply With Quote