This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > Portfolio Review

Portfolio Review Share your work for constructive criticism from us and the community

Old 03-03-2008   #1
fatalerror

Unhappy High Resolution 3d Vehicle Illustration missing HDRI

The High Resolution 3d Vehicle Illustration DVD i ordered came yesterday.
while it is a great DVD ,it would of been helpful if they included the HDRI image in the project files.

Last edited by fatalerror; 03-04-2008 at 03:19 AM.
fatalerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #2
JohnConstantine

Default hdri workflow, hdri files download on gnomonology

i absolutely agree with you that the hdri files are "missing". i know that they wasn't supposed to be on the dvd, but for what is the backplate psd to be used if we don't get the HDR files too? but i am quite deceived of this release the tutor could have gone more deep into the HDRI workflow (backplate and so on...).

on the other part, the lector's pace i like. not a bad dvd at all, but could have been almost perfect with a little more about the hdri pre-maya-workflow and / or the PSD
AND HDR files.

Gnomon, can't you make them available for download on Gnomonology? I would even spend some bucks for being able to follow the dvd myself step by step.

Respect for all your ART & WORk.......
JohnConstantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #3
fatalerror

i couldn't find any hdri on the web that were right.
yes theres hdr images for dl on the web but they dont have a large back plate image with them. whats the point of trying to use a different hdri then bk plate
cause then the lighting is all wrong for the environment.
i made a "fake" hdri from the psd backplate in hdrishop it kinda worked , but i wasnt happy with it. so i had to go out and find a bridge and shoot a real hdri and bk plate to go with it. that was after my steal ball arrived that i had to order and wait for. when all i wanted to do was sit down and do the damn tutorial without distractions LOL.
but hay it was a good tutorial so dont get me wrong.
fatalerror is offline   Reply With Quote