This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.
Montly Contest Winners
This page is best viewed with JavaScript enabled.

Go Back   The Gnomon Workshop Forums > Tutorials Discussions, Tips and Guidance > General Chat / Q+A

General Chat / Q+A Post your questions regarding Subscription, tutorials, etc.

Old 01-09-2008   #1
head_smell_

Awards Showcase

Default Soft Selection in Maya?

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if i have been over looking a modeling tool in maya that would be able to give me a soft selection like the one found in 3ds max for vertexes... I found a mel script on hignend3d.com but it works terrible...Anyone???
cheers
head_smell_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #2
EvilTheCat

Soft mod is the closest thing you have. It's like adding a node onto a model, if it has history on it. If there's no history, it disappears. There are some different settings you can change on the tool, and it's a little different from Max, but it does the same job. You're just selecting that node rather than the actual verts though (you don't have to be in component mode to use it) which is nice, because then the wireframe doesn't get in the way of you judging how the model looks.